Electrical / Mechanical Engineer
The Centre has exciting new employment opportunities in its Facilities Unit and is looking to recruit TWO highly motivated engineers (one electrical engineer and one mechanical engineer) with the passion to contribute to the WAGMC vision of improving access to genetic health for all in Africa.
As Electrical/Mechanical Engineer, you will under the Director, West African Genetic Medicine Centre (WAGMC), have responsibility for designing, maintenance and management of the Facilities and Properties of WAGMC. You will be responsible for evaluating the suitability of rented Facilities, including Equipment and Event Venues for WAGMC activities and functions, in particular the nationwide Ghanaian Genome Health Awareness Project. You will work closely with the WAGMC Facilities Manager, and the Director and Unit Heads of the University’s Physical Development and Municipal Services Directorate to supervise University artisans and Contractors for WAGMC’s Electrical/Mechanical and Plumbing systems utilization.
Mechanical Engineer (one position)
Electrical Engineer (one position)
- Evaluate electrical/mechanical systems, products, components, and applications by applying knowledge of materials.
- Confirm system's and components' capabilities by testing properties.
- Develop processes by designing and modifying equipment for buildings and plant.
- Prepare product reports by collecting maintenance information and trends.
- Keep a current database of all mechanical equipment and plant.
- Develop, design and supervise the standard technical specifications and engineering drawings for new construction projects.
- Supervise electrical/mechanical components in the construction of new physical infrastructure.
- Conduct safety training with regards to refrigeration and Air-conditioning installations and also ensure compliance with all established rules and methods associated with electrical/mechanical and plumbing works.
- Keep equipment operating by following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, performing preventive and corrective maintenance, calling, and setting up work orders for repair work.
- Provide technical and financial direction for new installation or upgrades by studying blueprints and equipment specifications.
- Document all changes in the design of electrical/mechanical and plumbing installations at WAGMC
- Assist in project management to completion by guiding technicians and contractors.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related assignments as required by the Director of WAGMC.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering from a recognized University
- Master’s degree or post-graduate degree in the Built Environment will be desirable
- 10-years working experience as a Professional Engineer with Certification and Membership of the Ghana Institution of Engineers or its equivalent and in good standing
- Ability to design using appropriate Computer-Aided software
- Experience and be a proficient user of Excel
- Leadership skills and be a team player with a flexible and open attitude
- Creativity and originality in Project Management
- Knowledge about Procurement Processes
- Ability to support a team with good collaboration skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines efficiently
- Good report-writing skills
Interested candidates must submit application package containing the components listed below via email to email@example.com
24th September 2021
- Job application letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Reference letters from two previous employers
- Copies of academic and professional certificates
24th September 2021